Saturday, November 1, 2008

things i miss

So I'm living in Hampton now, right on the beach. Actually right near a bar that's right near the beach. Life is good. But sometimes more stressful than I'd like. (I took a stress inventory and found out I scored a few hundred higher than the maximum score they had listed. Hm.). Having no steady internet stresses me more than most things. It makes it difficult to stay in touch with friends and family, difficult to look things up, difficult to get City Year work done that I hadn't finished at the office, difficult to get the flyers my old boss e-mails me. It's just a pain. And the library is usually closed by the time I get out of work. I mean, I can check my e-mail quickly when I am at work, but it's not the same and doesn't allow for writing out long e-mails anyways. Or blogging. Money sometimes stresses me out. I'm living on a stipend, and it's as if I'm being paid $3 an hour. I'm the point person for rent (the one who sends the check to the land lady), so sometimes I worry how on earth I'm going to get the $975 into my bank account on time. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get by around Christmas time. I just hope we don't have to pay extra for heat, because it is getting mighty cold out, or starting to at least. Sometimes I stress about my work, when the kids don't take to me or the teachers seem to ignore me. It's getting better in that respect though. Sometimes I stress about not having enough time, or about living situations, or even about whether I'm doing my job well enough. This work is challenging, and at the end of the day I'm exhausted and just want to go to bed.

I miss being able to blog.
Sometimes I miss Worcester and Spencer and the people that are around there.
I miss being able to go for walks at the drop of a hat and not having to cook all of my own food.

I'm not positive where I'll be next year (I have a hundred ideas), but these days I get the feeling that eventually I'll settle down around these parts. Worcester calls to me.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about priorities.

No comments: