So the past few days were full of odd happenings.
I decided to go as Change to my brother’s Halloween party, because I often advocate for change and I was thinking of Gandhi’s quote “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” So my plan was to glue coins all over an old pair of jeans. I keep my spare change in an old Honest Tea bottle, and each bottle cap has a quote inside. When I opened up the bottle to grab some change, the quote just so happened to be that same Gandhi one. Interesting. I ended up writing the quote on my pants in marker and making a larger BE out of coins. We went to an Open House at Maple Farm Sanctuary and I was talking to a friend about being the change you wish to see in the world. A speaker went up the podium and was talking for a few minutes and then they mentioned that Gandhi quote specifically.
Chris had mentioned the Maple Farm Open House to me way back and we had kind of made plans, and when I talked to Shannon later she was thinking of going kind of too. When I talked to her day of, it was kind of iffy, and then she asked if Drew was around and if he was going because neither of us had seen him or really talked to him in months. Just as I was grabbing Drew’s number to give to Shannon, my phone starts beeping… and it’s Drew! (He wants to know if we’re going).
I checked my e-mail right before we left for the Open House, and my friend Chris K had e-mailed me asking for me opinion on dog-racing (MA ballot Q) since he had heard things from both sides and wanted my input. When we got to the Open House, one of the speakers talked mainly about dog racing – and it was really convenient because I had wanted to hear a little bit more. (The ballot Q passed, btw--- NO MORE DOG RACING YES!)
While driving to the Open House, Chris and I took a roundabout route. We went by a Whipple Street and I started talking about someone I knew named Nate Whipple. A little while later we passed by Nate Whipple Ave. (I took a pic of it to send to him once I find out a way to contact him).
We also passed by another street, and that reminded me of someone I hadn’t thought of in years and maybe never even talked to, but for some reason I felt compelled to mention her. I found out later she died just around that time. When I called home last night Mom mentioned her. I still don’t know how she died, but I hope her family has plenty of support to help them through.
So that was my Saturday and Sunday.
Today I both registered to vote AND voted within 5 minutes of each other. Go Obama! Go Shaheen!
I also got lots of compliments on my playing today from my guitar instructor and was able to play through all of the chords in the correct order and strum for a Rolling Stones song that I had been working on and struggling with a bit.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment