Thursday, April 30, 2009

frankfurt?! what's in frankfurt???




Yesterday my team volunteered at the NH Farm Museum. I had never been to a farm museum before, nor did I really know what we would be doing once we got there. Upon walking the grounds, though, it was like I was home. It was beautiful. There were goats hanging out on top of the picnic table, sheep baaaaaaa-ing, chickens pecking all around, and two hugggeee pigs lounging in the barn. The animals reminded me of Maple Farm Sanctuary. We shoveled some manure/ compost and got right to work, creating a mini-trench in the garden area to fill with compast and dirt and then plant radishes and peas. The work all seemed so natural. Then we hopped back in the van for the trek up to Acadia to camp (yay camping!) - complete with a fire and a 5am wake-up call to see the sun rise from the eastern most point in the country. Sweet times. It was really nice to be around co-workers but just being able to hang out with them and not have all the stresses of regular old work laying around.

Sometimes I wish I didn't change my mind about everything in the world so much. Maybe I just like novelty. Or maybe I just am fickle as heck. Still learning how to make a decision and stick to it. I find it somewhat easy enough to hold to something for a bit then run away. And do it again.

'Booked a ticket to Frankfurt today. Dirt cheap.

Chris and I are going to make ice cream sundaes this weekend. I made chocolate ice cream last weekend from scratch successfully, so now we're going to try our hands at cookie dough ice cream and home-made graham-based ice cream cones (perhaps dipped in chocolate). Should be most excellent.

I love this excellent weather and the fact that the sun is out later. I can take walks after work. (Last week we did a huge trash clean up and collected more than one thousand pounds of trash off Hampton Beach. Today I walked along the beach and have never seen so much trash on a beach before! There were so many people here in the past 6-ish days. And I guess they don't know how to put trash in a trash can. Hm.)

2 comments:

write.your.story said...

i think i need to stop reading your blogs.... some of your ideas scare me.

drew said...

LA? Woah!

How'd you make ice cream? I'd love to learn!