Saturday, January 3, 2009

Review of '08

-Final semester of college (volunteered with former prisoners/ addicts - we played ping pong and chatted about life and music and prison and everything under the sun - hope they're doing well) (did some community based research on home ownership in Worcester - we knew from lots of research that kids who lived in homes did better on reading/ math scores and were more likely to graduate from high school and go to college etc and that families who owned homes tended to thrive and we wanted to see if that held true in Worcester and to what extent did it matter, and what factors were affected)
-Graduated (thought I'd miss it more than I actually did) (did one last mission trip with Assumption after graduating - volunteering in South Texas running a summer camp - ARISE is such an empowering and awesome group of women)
-Full-time summer job (full-time, but without benefits - paid some bills) (it's not bad, but it's not where my heart is)
-Cross-country road trip (saw everything from the heat in Hell, MI to the night sky in Wyoming to the mountains of Denver to the skyline of Chicago at sunset) (and then started a relationship)
-Full-time volunteering (Oh City Year - we work crazy hours - sometimes I feel like I've lost all sense of perspective)
-Started up guitar lessons again - hopefully someday I'll be able to really play....


Still haven't learned how to balance everything I need to do. Not sure how to balance work and play time.





excited for 09. half of it will be spent city year'in it up, and other half....who knows!

No comments: