We had a writing assignment in my language arts class to write about what you would do if you got a free plane ticket to anywhere for you and a friend. One of my new students wanted to take me with her to Las Vegas. When asked why she wanted me with her, she said I was a really cool person, and I helped her at school, and I was with City Year, and I was 22 years old, and I had been to Las Vegas before (so she asked me about my trip there and then wrote about wanting to see the things I had seen before when I went with family). (This is from one of my students that gives me a hard time).
One of my other kids called me perfect and awesome today too, for the record (she was keeping another City Year member from “beating me up”). And then she made me a Christmas card with a candy cane drawn on it.
Guess I’m not doing so bad. I’ve never had so many kids love me. I’m becoming a kid person quite rapidly. Hm.
In other news,
I’m thinking I want Irish citizenship, and I’m thinking I will go for it. My mom’s grandmother came over from Ireland and because of that my mom can get citizenship if she fills out some paperwork and pays some funds. In order to live or get a job in Europe, you need EU cit (many places are reluctant to give visas). I want to live in Europe for a bit, and having citizenship would make life so much easier. It would cost $240 for my mom’s (which I would be footing the bill of after I convince her she should get it), and then another $240 for my own. Now it’s time to brainstorm arguments for her to get citizenship, and ways to raise $480.

No comments:
Post a Comment