I always feel like I’m two steps away from drowning. Even if I get a few steps further away, something’s bound to come and throw me back a few steps. I was almost feeling caught up earlier today. Then three of my superiors came up to me at the end of the work day to me three extra tasks (none of which I’ve been able to get done yet). Maybe I can decompress (or at least catch up) during the weekend.
Repeat after yourself Jackie – I will not do too much. I will relax. I will take time to relax. I will take time to relax. Bahh. It never happens.
On another note, I gained perspective (and maybe compassion towards) one of my teachers who had been giving both the students and me a tough time lately. He told me that his wife had asked for a divorce, which explains why he seems so fragile and explosive lately.
On another another note, I was talking to one of my teachers today about a student and she commented that the girl only responded to me (which I’m not sure if that’s a good or a bad thing) and not to the other teachers and students. The girl confided to me today about a crush and asked for my advice. She also told me that she had never met her father and that he lived somewhere down south and that she lived with her mom. I’m glad that she feels like she can trust me. She is very needy though and pretends I don’t exist if I leave her for a little (I keep at it and she’s back to normal in moments).

No comments:
Post a Comment